I am thankful that despite feeling angry at God and doubting Him in so many ways, He has been fully present in my life over the last couple of months. Perhaps soon I will be able to come here and share some of those experiences, but for now, my heart has softened and I am finally able to accept things that I can't change.
I am thankful that I still remember feeling and knowing that Jesus was with me as I watched the towers fall seven years ago today. There is a story to that, but I will save that one for a later post.
I am thankful that I was able to attend my grandparents' 60th wedding anniversary party this past weekend. It was not only a milestone in years, but because my grandfather was not supposed to survive Christmas two years ago!
I am thankful that we finally received some rain this week and that property damage was minimal despite the strong storm Monday night.
I am thankful that my husband supports my crazy ideas like learning guitar. Thanks for the lessons and the guitar, sweetheart! I am enjoying the chance to torture others with my "talent"!
Have a wonderful weekend, everyone! I will be praying for all of you in Texas as Ike approaches.
Go visit Iris at Sting My Heart to be inspired by other thankful hearts!
Thursday, September 11, 2008
Thankful Thursday~God's presence in my life
Posted by Stephanie at 8:53 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
A lovely thankful post! Congrats to your grandparents on their 60th Anniversary!
Remain blessed!
Thanks for sharing your lovely heart sweetie.
Hi, Stephanie. I'm so glad you are back to blogging a a bit... I've missed hearing from you.
Have a great weekend!
Hey Stephanie,
I've missed you!! Welcome back to TT.
So blessed God is moving in your life.
Please wish your grandparents a happy 60th, oh, how special!!
I'll look forward to hearing more about all God is doing in your life!!
Blessings~
Hey Girl! It's about time you posted something. I'm sorry you've been going through a rough patch but it's great that you are finding things to be thankful for. Thanks for sharing your heart.
Post a Comment