Earlier this week, I was praying for Ann, a sweet family friend, who is in the end stages of pancreatic cancer. I have learned so much from God while praying for Ann over the last couple of months and this time was just as powerful. I had my MP3 player going softly in the background and this song that I am sharing came on just as I was starting to get upset. I never really listen to this CD of Michael W. Smith's, so I was unfamiliar with this song. The lyrics really resounded with me!
I'm in the river that flows from your throne
Water of Life
Water of Life
It Covers me and I breath again
Your love is breath to my soul
I can hear Your voice as You sing over me
It's Your song of Hope breathing life into me
I can feel Your touch as I come close to You
And it heals my heart
You restore and renew
This song was a gift in a difficult moment!
Friday, September 12, 2008
Then Sings My Soul Saturday~I can hear your voice
Posted by Stephanie at 7:02 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
12 comments:
What a beautiful song. New to me. Thanks for sharing.
Blessings!
Cristine
A very beautiful song ~ love Michael Smith too ~
Beautiful. Thank you for sharing, Stephanie. Bless you!
What a pretty song. Very moving.
So sorry to hear about your friend. My thoughts go out to her.
What a beautiful song... I know too that God gives me a song sometimes when nothing else will console me. He knows what we need and is so good!
LOVE Michael W. Smith. I hadn't really paid attention to the words of this one either but it's beautiful! I love that He sings over us (Zeph.3:17) and that we can feel Him. Thanks for sharing.
I'd never heard this one before! But I love Michael W Smith. Thanks for sharing this with us!
Blessing to you today!
What a beautiful song.
Thanks for sharing it. I haven't heard it either.
Have a Blessed day.
Sherry
Oh Steph,
I'm so blessed God gave you this gift at such a difficult time.
I'll keep you in prayer as you continue to minister to your friend during these days.
He's there with you all...
Oh sweetie, so sorry you have such a close friend going through all that. I'm sure that you are a rock for her. Giving your love may not seem like enough but it means the world to those receiving it. I pray that you continue to feel God's strength and peace through this hard time.
Hey girl, I've given you an award. Go to my blog to collect it. Don't worry about it if you don't want to continue it but I wanted to acknowledge what you give of yourself with your blog.
Stephanie,
Isn't GOD AMAZING the way HE'S ALWAYS there "right on time?" I won't ever forget the first few days at St. Jude. I cried a prayer to our LORD, "I just can't do this, help me Lord?" (Would you believe that I immediately opened my Bible to the story where "Jesus calms the storm?") Hang in there, Sweet Sister! God is using YOU!
Now, to catch up on the comments you left at my blog:
The chocolate sounds OOOOHHH SO GOOD! I've just started a 'low carb' diet so ANYTHING sweet sounds GREAT to me! O=-)
About the letter game... I was letting Gabe choose the letters for me when someone would ask for one. For you, he chose, "S."
HAVE FUN - I LOVE YOU! =-)
Post a Comment