This is my first post for Thankful Thursday and I am excited to sign on to this topic. Easter is always a special time for me because it reminds me of my childhood. When I was growing up, my family was one of those HollyLily families, except that we didn't attend at Christmas time. So, I guess we were just "Lilies". I loved knowing that I could expect to go to church as Easter approached. Sure, my new Easter dress was always exciting to wear for the first time, but I felt something special whenever and wherever I attended church. We rarely went back to the "scene of the crime" more than once, so it wasn't any particular person that I was looking forward to seeing. I was just thrilled for Easter Sunday to arrive so that I could learn more about my friend, Jesus. That was a really special time in my life and I would have to say that I am grateful the "world" seems to think they must go to church on Easter. Without that expectation, I might not have the relationship with Christ that I have today. I know that most churches dread Easter because of all the challenges it brings about it. Somewhere amongst all of those visitors, there is someone that may not get the chance to hear how Jesus loves them.
Wednesday, March 19, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
Stephanie,
Don't worry about the "Mr. Linky" I signed you up. I've been to that site a dozen times tonight and only FINALLY realized there was a link to another post. (I'm TERRIBLY SLOW sometimes) LOL!! Anyway, I hope you don't mind me signing you in.
For future reference...
You'll go to the main page, and if you don't see the "Thankful Thursday" post listed then look for a link to another page. (That's how I've been missing it all night - THAT or I was on a different page altogether) Go ahead tonight and look at her page so you'll know what it'll look like next time...
http://www.eph2810.com/
The "Mr. Linky" is just below her post. You'll type in your name.. I usually put Tonya @ Safe In His Arms
just below that you'll type in your blog address...
http://iliftmyeyesuptothehills.blogspot.com/
Now, there's a way you can link back to JUST your Thankful Thursday post. When you post your update.. then go to "view blog" and then copy the name field. Tonight you posted it as "Thankful Thursday" (You "right click" on that title and I think it'll offer you to copy shortcut) If you paste that in under your name on the Thankful Thursday site... it'll send everyone directly to that post.
I'm still VERY NEW to all of this and have only learned THAT trick this week. LOL!!
I hope that helps.
PS.. I LOVE your "TT" post! ;-)
I'm really glad you're blogging with us!
LOVE YOU!!
Happy Thankful Thursday Stephanie,
Welcome! Looks like you've had help from one of the most WONDEFUL people on earth, Tonya! She's my very close friend...
Loved your post, I'm so blessed Easter brings back so many wonderful memories for you.
Love your picture, is this where you are living?
Blessings♥
Happy TT!
Welcome to thankful thursday dear, very glad that you have joined us. I enjoyed your thankful list, bless you.
Good to have you with us!!!
Great to read your post!!
Just stopped by from Stings my Heart! So glad God spoke to you during those brief moments and that he listened and enjoy a wonderful relationship with Christ today! God is good!
Isn't it great that He has made Himself known to you - even though you didn't attend regularly as a child. He always has a plan to call His children :)
Thank you so much for sharing your grateful heart with us. Welcome to the Thankful Thursday 'bunch' :)
Blessings to you and yours...He is Risen!
Post a Comment