
I wasn't going to post for Miracle Monday today, but then I received an email that changed that plan. Originally, I had thought about posting my grandfather's story this morning, but I changed my mind because today has just been too busy. Earlier this evening, I opened an email from my grandfather with a link to a beautiful miracle presentation. It was breathtaking and inspiring, but not nearly as much as the loved one that thought to send it to me. In December of 2006, my grandfather's health reached a critical time of decision and the odds were stacked against us. Due to advanced kidney disease, he was in danger of losing his legs. The greater concern was how his body would handle the surgeries that would be needed. Lastly, he pretty much did not want to live without his legs, so I was uncertain how he would handle losing even one. There were many tearful moments as we waited for the outcome of surgery after surgery. I lost count of how many surgeries he has endured in just one year. Over the course of several months, he did have to let both of his legs go. This was an enormous blow to a man that has always been fiercely independent. Thankfully, the good Lord has brought him to a place where my grandfather can accept it and use his story to minister to others. Within the last couple of weeks, he has earned a special drivers' license that allows him to drive a vehicle with hand controls. It has been awesome to see how God has brought him so far from where we were that Christmas. He is miracle to me and I am so glad that I can still love on him when I visit. For anyone interested in the link that he sent me, you can click here for Wisehearts.
The picture below is of Alex visiting with Grumps and Grandma Teen-Teen a few years ago. I am so thankful that Alex has an opportunity to know his great-grandparents. When I was a little girl, my grandfather and I loved to watch Pink Panther together. My son loves that cartoon and now he will have the opportunity to watch with Grumps, too. God has truly brought my grandfather a LONG way!
If you would like to join us for Miracle Monday or to read other miracle stories, visit Beth at A Mom's Life.
Monday, March 31, 2008
Miracle Monday-Grump's Story
Posted by Stephanie at 6:14 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
How awesome that your grandfather sent you that link on Miracle Monday! And I am so glad that your grandfather has accepted his situation and is using it to minister to others! Truly miraculaous!
Thank you so much for participating in Miracle Monday!
I'm so glad to see that someone else uses the name Grumps. That's what my kids call my f-i-l. Sweet story. TFS.
May God always bless your precious grandfather.
Oh, I LOVE that your son is getting to know and love your "Grumps" the way you did (and do). What a BLESSING it is for our little ones to learn from their elders. I've learned so much from my "Mam-Maw." She's 100 now - I can still remember playing under the quilt she was making and listening to her sing praises to her LORD. (She had her quilts literally hanging from the ceiling... they were just the right height for her to sit and work)
Thanks for sharing your sweet story.
This is so amazing. I am so glad that you have your grandfather with you still. God really has worked a miracle. For him to endure all this and learn to accept this is truly awesome. There are people out there who are younger and can't endure this kind of thing. He is an inspiration.
Post a Comment