Friday, March 28, 2008

Then Sings My Soul Saturday



Tonight, we had one of those near miss moments where you realize how bad a situation could have been. David, Alex, and I had gone to Lowe's to pick up a few things for our yard because it desperately needs some TLC. In our shopping cart, we had 3 big bags of sand and one huge bag of weed/lawn fertilizer. The cart was so heavy from all of those bags that pushing the cart was difficult. As we were going down the main aisle, Alex decided to jump onto the front end of the card. His impulsive act made his feet slip into the bottom grate of the cart, so he grabbed the cart itself. If David hadn't caught the tipping cart, the weight of all of those bags would have crushed Alex. As it was, his feet were stuck in the bottom rungs and I had to pry them out. That was a frightening moment because David and I both realized that we narrowly missed "that life changing instant". Many, many prayers of relief and praise went up tonight, you can be sure of that!!

After all of that drama, I wanted to hear some peaceful, prayer provoking music. Several weeks ago, I searched on YouTube for versions of one of my favorite songs, Come Thou Fount of Every Blessing. I ran across an artist that I was unfamiliar with by the name of David Nevue. He uses his music on the piano to reach people and give them hope through Christ. I drift off to sleep each night while his music plays and I also love to write while listening to his songs. I enjoy just about all types of music, but this was the one that I needed most right now. Alex's safety tonight was indeed a blessing! Here is the website for David Nevue where you can hear more of his music if you wish, as well as read how he shares his music and his faith.

Come, thou Fount of every blessing,
tune my heart to sing thy grace;
streams of mercy, never ceasing,
call for songs of loudest praise.
Teach me some melodious sonnet,
sung by flaming tongues above.
Praise the mount! I'm fixed upon it,
mount of thy redeeming love.

Here I raise mine Ebenezer;
hither by thy help I'm come;
and I hope, by thy good pleasure,
safely to arrive at home.
Jesus sought me when a stranger,
wandering from the fold of God;
he, to rescue me from danger,
interposed his precious blood.

O to grace how great a debtor
daily I'm constrained to be!
Let thy goodness, like a fetter,
bind my wandering heart to thee.
Prone to wander, Lord, I feel it,
prone to leave the God I love;
here's my heart, O take and seal it,
seal it for thy courts above.


For more Then Sings My Soul Saturday, visit Amy's site.

11 comments:

Shari said...

That was so beautiful and peaceful. He is an extremely talented pianist. I love the variety in music videos tonight. So glad that your son is OK. What a miracle. You could write about it on the Miracle Monday Meme
Here's the link, if you're interested. http://beth-amomslife.blogspot.com/

Amy Wyatt said...

This was so beautiful. I'm glad Alex was OK. We will probably never know how many "near misses" we all experience everyday and are protected from by His grace. Thanks for joining in.

Susan said...

Hey Steph,

That was GREAT, I'm going to have to get that CD, talk about relaxing, and this man is so TALENTED.

GREAT song too!

Oh, I'm so blesses Alex was OK. Yes, life is like this, things can change so "suddenly". We must always thank God for his protection.

Have a blessed day.

Oh, I thought that was so neat about your Aunt being Susan, how cool. If I would of had a daughter, she would of been named "Stephanie". One day I'll share more about that name and how it brought me to my husband!

Blessings♥

Bunny McCoy said...

Praising the Lord with you that Alex is all right. He IS indeed the Fount of Every Blessing. One of my all time favorite hymns.

Michele

God's girl said...

LOVE that it is so beautiful.
Blessings.
Angela

Ceci G. said...

Beautiful...

Is it nap time now???

Your recount of near misses reminds me of an old Amy Grant piece, "Angels". I think God lets us see some of our near misses just so that we can appreciate the ones we never see. Enjoy your weekend!

Tonya said...

Hey There Girlfriend! That was A VERY SCARY moment... yikes! Almost makes you wonder how many "near misses" we have every day when our HEAVENLY FATHER puts HIS hand out and "steadies" our path. I'm PRAISING HIM with you for a safe outcome!!!

I'm so blessed that your blogging now. You've been such a great source of encouragement to me and a great joy to get to know.

I LOVE YOU, MY SISTER!

Mindy said...

Oh how scary! Those near misses are really blessings, not just that the Lord intercedes on our behalf, but that we are reminded to cherish every moment of every day. The song was lovely and such a blessing today!

Kimberly said...

Praise God that your sweet one is okay! Situations like that certainly do make us stop and thank God for our many blessings!

What a beautiful rendition of that song! Thanks for posting it!
Blessings~
Kimberly

Amrita said...

I love that hymn and dave is an acomplished musician using his talents for the Lord. if I had an unlimited internet connection I would listen to more of his music.

Anonymous said...

Thank you for sharing this song, it is so peaceful! I also had a huge blessing - near miss with my son a couple Monday's ago, read the story here...

http://scrappingservant.com/2008/03/24/we-could-have-lost-him-today/

Praise be to God for keeping our children safe in His arms!