I am thankful today for my sweet husband who hurried home on Monday to pick-up Alex at school because I had suddenly become ill. He also stopped by the store without any prompting from me to pick-up necessities like Ginger Ale, Jello, soup, and Saltine Crackers. Thank-you for looking out for my unspoken needs, Sweetheart!
I am thankful to the wonderful little boy that loves me everyday, but especially when I am sick. He always offers to give me back rubs and showers me with expressions of his affection for me. I love you, TigerRoo!
I am thankful that God is not a procrastinator like myself. See, He could have created everything except Man and decided to rest on the sixth day instead of the seventh. It could have gone something like this,"Whew, I think I am going to make today the Day of Rest. Maybe tomorrow I will get around to creating Man. He is going to be a project and a half. I will have to create Woman just to keep him in line! So, I am just going to rest here in my Heavenly Hammock and I'll get around to Man one of these days!" Yep, I waited until April 14th to start our taxes and I finished in time despite my bout with the stomach flu. I guess that is what I get for procrastinating!
I am thankful that we endured our first THE TALK with Alex tonight. You know the talk I am referring, too! It is the one that all of us parents worry about from day one. I give all the thanks to God for giving me the words to explain some of the Birds and Bees. I pray that Alex will continue coming to us for those answers instead of seeking them out from the World. For those of you that missed us at church tonight, now you know why. Alex's timing is impeccable!
I am thankful for my in-laws. They are so much fun and I love being with them. My FIL sent me a joke today that I will share here.
The Human Race
A little girl asked her mother, 'How did the human race appear?'
The mother answered, 'God made Adam and Eve and they
had children, and so was all mankind made.'
Two days later, the girl asked her father the same question.
The father answered, 'Many years ago there were monkeys,
from which the human race evolved.'
The confused girl returned to her mother and said, 'Mom, how
is it possible that you told me the human race was created
by God, and Dad said they developed from monkeys?'
The mother answered, 'Well, dear, it is very simple. I told you about
my side of the family, and your father told you about his.'
For more Thankful Thursday, visit Iris at Sting My Heart.
Wednesday, April 16, 2008
Thankful Thursday~Random Thoughts
Posted by Stephanie at 9:13 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
13 comments:
Thanks for sharing your thankful heart, I am praying for you to feel better.
Thank God for giving you such a loving family. I am new to Thankful Thursday and really thankful to read of God's blessings upon you and many others. Hope you are feeling better. Take care and God bless!
What a sweet husband you have! I hope you are feeling better and thanks fo rsharing the joke! It's a keeper!
So many blessings to be thankful for! Thanks for sharing, especially the funny joke!!
WOW! Looks like SOMEONE got a "makeover!" It's VERY NICE! Love it!!!
Now, I loved your "TT" list. What a sweet, thoughtful hubby you have! When our little ones start "mommying" us, well, that just takes the cake. =-)
I'm happy to hear that you're feeling better... You were MISSED!
LOVE YOU!
Great joke! LOL
I hope you're feeling better--stomach bugs are so icky! You have some great guys to take care of you!
It looks like you got some "bling" too! I like it! I'm having a little trouble with my Pyzam template though. The links don't change color like they're supposed to. I probably just don't know what I'm doing. Maybe someday I will be more computer literate. :)
Have a great day!
Wow, I love your new blog!! How cool...
Nice surprise.
Hope you are feeling MUCH better.
Loved the joke too!
Blessings to you this TT♥
So glad you're feeling better! You are so lucky to have such special guys in your life. Love the joke!
How sweet that your beloved made sure that you were taken care off while being sick. Receiving love in form of actions from our children is such a huge blessing:)
Glad that you got the taxes done :)
The joke is cute :) - Thank you for sharing your grateful heart with us this week.
Be blessed today and always.
Great post! Thanks for sharing and I laughed at the joke! good one! Have a great week.
HAPPY TT
Your hubby is a sweetie for sure. You are blessed. Hope you're feeling better. Cute joke! HA! Thanks for sharing. Blessings on your day.
Thanks for sharing. That's a cute joke too!
Hi Stephanie,
Glad you're better. We missed you at church last night.
Loved your Thankful Thursday blog.
Being thankful is a magical thing. Everyone who tries it finds out how it makes everything you have more than enough.
God is Wonderful!! Love you, Diane
Post a Comment