Today and everyday, I am grateful for the laughter that my son brings into my life. When he was a baby, I used to play all kinds of silly made-up games so that I could hear his infectious laugh. Now the tables have turned and there isn't a day that goes by that he doesn't make me crack up about something. Yes, he is high energy and sometimes exhausting, but more fun than I could have ever imagined!
Sometimes, his ability to make me laugh is intentional. Like when he sneaks up on me to strip off my socks and tickle my feet. Oh, that elicits loud, uncontrollable laughter from me. And when we play the "let's see who can go the longest without laughing while being tickled" game...well, we can assume that it is NOT me that wins.
Recently he started telling corny jokes for a laugh. "Dad, I have a joke for you." My husband replied, "Alex, is it a dirty joke?" I gave my husband a scowl because I certainly don't want to explain the difference between a clean or dirty joke at 5! Alex immediately said,"Yes, it is a dirty joke!" Okay, by now I am worried about what he is learning at his CHURCH preschool. "Why did 500 pigs jump in the mud?" Give up?? "To get DIRTY".
Alex also makes me laugh at the unintentional things he does. For instance, today I heard the phone ring about the time that my husband would be calling to say that he is on his way home. I kept waiting to hear a conversation between father and son, but that didn't happen. Instead, I heard Alex say,"He is at work right now." Then I hear him say, "Well, she is in the potty, but you can still talk to her while she is in the bathroom!" I burst out laughing and prayed hard that it wasn't someone that I knew. Fortunately, it was a telemarketer that had hung up(while laughing) before I could even say a word. Phew!
Now, I am off to lecture Alex about what not to say on the telephone. But first, I better wipe this BIG grin off of my face.
To find out what others are thankful for visit Iris at Sting My Heart.
Thursday, April 3, 2008
Thankful Thursday~Thankful for Laughter
Posted by Stephanie at 1:15 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Laughter is such a sweet balm to my heart and soul. Thanks for sharing your grateful heart.
I love to laugh! What a great thing to be thankful for! I have an 8 year old son who cracks me up on a daily basis also!
How great to have a home full of laughter! Your son sounds fun!
My eyes are very tired as I have read all your entries and all the comments that have been made. Whew!
But it is a very good tired! A tired that lets me know I will sleep good. A tired that comforts me with the knowledge that there are many women out there who are striving to be closer to God. And for that I am thankful.
Love to you, Stephanie, and to all who are part of you
Laughter is wonderful medicine. I love to laugh out loud - now it is my husband who makes me laugh. Your son sounds like to be fun around - and he is witty with telemarketers :)
Thank you for sharing your grateful and cheerful heart with us this week.
Blessings to you and our precious family.
What a neat son you have. It is a special gift to be able to make someone laugh. I enjoyed hearing your stories about him.
Post a Comment